Hi All,
    Do you guys remember me telling you about a guy named Matt, C 4,5 quad
5 yrs post, whom I had meet while peer counseling and we became fast
friends. And that back in December 2008 he was "running away" to move from New
Jersey to Springfield, Illinois with a woman he had met on-line only a few
months ago? Well, I saw him yesterday at a nursing home where his Mom put him
after Matt emailed his mom to say "Get me out of here ASAP"
  He looks fantastic, a bit skinny but and a congested cough but other wise
healthy. Karen, the girl he ran away with, turned out to be an alcoholic
and control freak. Matt was trapped in his "bedroom" downstairs on the main
level because there was so much junk all around he couldn't move about at all
-- and those were the days he was out of bed. He had a nurse who came once a
week but Karen was ALWAYS there so Matt couldn't get a message out, the
nurse was teaching Karen to change the cath. The only time he used a phone was
when Karen dialed it and held it for him, so she heard everything he said.
He went to the Doctor's only once the entire time because the house was not
accessible. Karen and her 10 yr old daughter slept up stairs where she could
not hear Matt no matter how loud he called and never set up any other form
of communication. She started hitting him the end of January in a drunken
rage, that's when called his mom.
  His mom, Sheila, her brother and his wife and another brother drove out
to Illinois, knocked on the door and said "Where her to pack Matt's
belongings and take him home. Matt knew they were coming but Karen did not.
Karen had
no problem letting Matt go and she has not tried to contact him at all.
    Bobbie
web. Get the Radio Toolbar!