You're right about that Dave. My chair goes about 8 mph, and I only use that speed when I'm on a smooth paved surface. When I'm going that speed the slightest bump would send me flying. I had to adjust the breaking time so that there would be a 12 second pause in case my hand slid off the controls. That way, the natural drag of the motors slows down the chair much slower then the abrupt stop that the electronics give.

Dan