My TDX5 says it goes 7.5 mph. I go full speed any time I can, sidewalk, store
isles, house hallways, trails walking the dog, etc. I too had the stopping
speed slowed down so it does not stop real fast. My hand sometimes slips off
the joystick, and I would tip forward from momentum. Now I always wear my chest
strap whenever I go out alone.
I want a 21st Century Bounder that can go 11 mph. I had one as my 1st chair 28
years ago. I don't like the large rear wheel, it's not as agile as my mid wheel
TDX5, but I just love the faster speeds. It's better looking now than it was
back then, but still not as nice looking as the TDX series. You really need
rear wheel drive if you go over 7.5, or you can start to wobble a bit and fish
tail. I think you get use to the speed
Chairs need a small platform on the back of the chairs that flip down for those
who accompany us in chairs to stand on. It could have little castor wheels to
hold the weight. I've thought of going in to a motorcycle shop to see if they
could make something like that.
SPEED SPEED SPEED, Greg