Hi Lori & Everyone else,

I must say that when we travel we really go out of our way to avoid "posh."
Neither of us likes going somewhere where many people live in very basic
homes but then finding all our places to be "all the comforts of home."  If
that's what we liked we'd probably just stay in the US and get rooms in the
Marriotts and Hiltons.  No, we prefer to be somewhat immersed in the true
culture.  We eat at local markets and restaraunts intended for "locals."
Example: At one market in Bali we were served rice with chicken, veggies and
spices packed in a banana leaf by hand (bare hands!)  We definitely took the
roads less traveled (especially in Thailand!).

At one time, early in our marriage, I thought I wouldn't be traveling like
this if I hadn't married Sherry but then realized I had it backwards... I
doubt Sherry and I would have been together if she didn't like traveling
like this.

It's great that she can help and loves exotic places "on the cheap."  But
then I think back to when I moved to AZ... it was just as much a challenging
adventure.  I had things set up such that someone I never met would be doing
my PCA care (at least at first).  I packed up in PA, had my parents drive me
out and unload.  They stayed for 4 days and left on schedule even though the
guy I had arranged had been arrested and was in jail for some non-violent
offense by the time I got here.  I never did meet him but I managed
to scramble to find somebody else.

I've always had that daring and adventurous spirit.  That's how I talked
Sherry into taking Scuba classes and getting our certifications.  We can
scuba anywhere in the world now!  (And after her first time, she LOVES IT.
She's been looking for new places to vacation AND dive ever since we got
home!)  I think it's that spirit that gave me the ability to survive after
my accident when I lived in such a "closed" community and wsas rarely able
to go anywhere due to cold and weather issues.  (Thank God I had a computer
and 2400 baud modem!! Haha!)

*Now, as for the Kindle* -- It looks like they aren't a good option.  That's
probably why I didn't get many responses.  On the other hand, the *Nook* (*from
Barnes & Noble*) looks more promising with its touch screen rather than tiny
buttons.  Plus it has a web browser.  I'm going out to check them out today.

But then, if the Nook looks like a good option, I have to decide between
WiFi  vs. WiFi+3G.  And how much are Nook eBooks compared to Kindle's?  I'm
also wondering how much the 3G will be of use.  Can I use its WiFi when I'm
out of the country to browse the web and newspapers back home?  Or do I need
the 3G for that.  In fact, I have to find out if the 3G for a Nook even will
connect outside of the US (out of AT&T's main Nook market).  And finally, I
know the 3G connection for Kindle has no monthly fee but I haven't heard the
same --or had it verified-- about Nook's 3G connectivity.

Oh so many things to consider.  And I thought shopping for computers was
difficult!

Best to All.  And a Merry Christmas to everyone I don't connect with before
then!

Sincerely,
-- Tod