From: donald scott <rollingl...@yahoo.com>
To: "quad-list@eskimo.com" <quad-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Fri, July 22, 2011 8:30:47 AM
Subject: [QUAD-L] honey vs bag balm vs sulfadiazine

hi group,

ok, here we go again with the pressure soar question. i developed my first
pressure soar after 20 years. it's a stage 2 and barely open. it's about the
size of a quarter. it's located on my buttock and was caused by my jay 2
cushion. i've been fighting it for 2 months now and saw my dr. a month ago. he
recommended sulfadiazine or also known as silverdine and a gauze pad as well as
trying to stay off of it. I was able to stay in bed for awhile but need to be
up
more now for my girlfriend to go to work. she has 2 more weeks of work before
summer break and i need to be up 10 hours a day. it did get slightly better but
now coming back from being up i'm assuming. i did get a new cushion yesterday
which i'm hoping helps. i guess what i need opinions on is should i give up on
the sulfadiazine and try honey or bag balm for a quicker healing result? any
suggestions would be helpful. i know the obvious answer is stay down in bed but
she needs to work. also is the bag balm you folks use the one in the green can
or something else?

thanks for your input and help,
donald c5/c6 complete