Hi Amy,

I have never heard of this. Is this something new on the  market? I noticed
when reading about that it is not to be taken if you think you  have a
bowel blockage. I guess you wouldn't know unless you had an x-ray because
sometimes it's hard to tell, as I have had several. I usually use the MiraLax
and I also use the prune juice and milk of magnesium if I fear a blockage.
While  I was at KU and May I learned about an old remedy using a half a cup of
molasses  + I have a cup of milk and warming in the microwave for 30 seconds
and using as  a enema. It seems to really work if you appear to be having a
bowel blockage. It  is called the last resort.

I just read about gastropresis and I had never  heard of this. I'm glad
they have a treatment for this. I just got out of the  hospital with a UTI.
They seem to always wanted treatment they IV. They will  starting me on
Mandelamine to prevent UTIs.

Does anyone else on the list  take this medication and how does it work for
them.

Dana

In a message dated 8/19/2012 10:37:45 A.M. Central Daylight Time,