I went my GP because I knew I was symptomatic for a UTI. For years I would go,
tell my Dr. My symptoms (which he would type into his lap top), give him a
sample, and he ALWAYS would write out a script (in his case email a script to
my pharmacy) Then in 2-3 days I would find out if the cipro he prescribed was
sensitive to my UTI or order a different antibiotic.

This time he said he wasn't going to write a script for cipro because he thinks
 "... it's only acting like a placebo."
Well, I went home and am taking some cipro I have left over that I keep.

He also wanted me to get a colonoscopy. I said "Nope, never." And handed him a
pamphlet about AD and informed him that I have had a stroke from AD in the
1980's I said "Why don't we try a less invasive way of testing?"
So, he prescribed an ultrasound of my intestines, and did blood work which is
available right in his office. I went in fastened because I didn't feel well.
Bobbie   C - 4,5,6,7  41 years post

Smile Everyday