Wow, Bobbie. Keep us informed of your prognosis. I know we have said it
before, but growing old as a quad is a little taste of hell. Good luck and
hang in there. Larry

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Gmail* <bobbiehumphre...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Subject: [QUAD-L] Dr. UTI visit ... Huh
To: quad-list@eskimo.com

I went my GP because I knew I was symptomatic for a UTI. For years I would
go, tell my Dr. My symptoms (which he would type into his lap top), give
him a sample, and he ALWAYS would write out a script (in his case email a
script to my pharmacy) Then in 2-3 days I would find out if the cipro he
prescribed was sensitive to my UTI or order a different antibiotic.

This time he said he wasn't going to write a script for cipro because he
thinks  "... it's only acting like a placebo."
Well, I went home and am taking some cipro I have left over that I keep.

He also wanted me to get a colonoscopy. I said "Nope, never." And handed
him a pamphlet about AD and informed him that I have had a stroke from AD
in the 1980's I said "Why don't we try a less invasive way of testing?"
So, he prescribed an ultrasound of my intestines, and did blood work which
is available right in his office. I went in fastened because I didn't feel
well.
Bobbie   C - 4,5,6,7  41 years post

Smile Everyday