we were considering a cruise to mexico, via miami. we looked at the rooms on a
norwegian cruise line with a balcony and i saw nowhere that there was room to
fit a wheelchair through. a regular room offered much less of course. it looked
like once transferred. turn around, sit in one spot for grooming. we didn't
check any further on accessible rooms when we found a round trip airline fare
was $600.00 ea (bulk-head, coach) from cleveland to miami. round trip so we
wouldn't have to worry about the chair on connecting flights. plus extra
transfers as my husband is getting older and i no lighter in weight. i used an
aisle chair to the bahamas 20 yrs ago. they insisted they had to maneuver me.
they lost me going down the stairs.
dianna c6/7 <---- not going.

Cruise ships especially the new ones, are wonderful in handicap accommodations.
Handicapped rooms are half again the size of a regular room allowing for room
to maneuver the wheelchair. Get a room with a balcony. The newer ships allow
you access to a balcony so you can actually look at the flying Fish. Elevators
are large enough for a power chair to enter and turn around to exit.