You need to distinguish between fluoride in water (1PPM) which is very
effective in reducing decay in teeth that are developing in bone.  ( after
age 6-8 fluoride in water does very little)  Topical fluoride(gels, rinse,
varnish) helps to a much smaller degree the teeth that are erupted.
I have not heard any one in the dental community recommend fl for 'burning
mouth syndrome'.  One etiology is a vitamin B deficiency. However, there is
not any agreement on other possible causes. So the "Earthclinic" article is
as good as most dental literature on the syndrome.
Ps. I'm a dentist practicing 37 years

--
Living in God's Grace
Ron