My son Chris passed today.  It wasn't his fault.  Injured at 19  years with
a C4/5 SCI injury from a vehicle crash, he went on to attend at  graduated
Ball State University with a degree is Family Science and Social  Service.
During his rehab period and while attending Ball State U, he  designed,
supervised the construction of North America Fastest Drag Van (10  Seconds @
1/4
Mile).  His travels in racing took him all over the  Midwest.  During the
same period, Chris became friends with custom vans and  custom vans in North
America.  He became a Vanner and partnered with the  Midwest Vans Limited
and celebrated with them at so many "truck ins" and  Nationals (Nats)  Chris,
always found time to speak at prisons, to imates  and juvenile centers with
his special messages, several times a year. He  inspired thousands of people
over the years.

Today, as he was returning from a car showing, sitting in the tow van, when
 his driver was towing his trailer and drag van,  along with 4 other custom
 vanners in a convoy,  his van was hit head on by a mini van driving at a
high rate of speed.... the wrong way.  The force of the crash caused the
mini van to catch fire and the fire spread to Chris's tow van.  His driver
was able to escape thru the broken driver's window and was pull to safety
while  his van friend's tried to open the doors of the tow van and deploy the
gate  lift. The fire was intense. The impact forced Chris and his chair up
against the  lift ramp and he had a seat belt on. His friends burnt their hands
and arms  while trying to get Chris out of the van... to no avail and then
the fire  department and rescue arrived.  Chris lost his life quickly, per
the  corners conversation to me.  Its late this night and I am trying to
reflex  all that has happened today as well as Chris's sudden passing.

You have to see his Facebook and the comments that continue to pour in from
 around the world as the people media reacts.  You can visit his  website:
   _www.karsonracing.com_ (http://www.karsonracing.com)  and see for
yourself  how he inspired others.  His facebook:  Chris Karson.

As most can tell, my heart is heavy with grief and the thousand of people
he affected.