My heart goes out to you, Chris's mom, and all who knew and loved Chris.  I
could feel you as I read your note and shed tears just feeling you not
knowing Chris.  The suddenness of departure - that is what is so difficult
to understand and has us in that loss place of confusion and sadness at the
deepest level - trying to understand.  Surround yourself with those who
understand and can support you as you grieve.  I wish I could just hug you.

 

I visited Chris's Facebook page and found re-shares of several insightful,
inspiring posts that Chris wrote.  This one struck me - that he wrote it
less than a month ago:

 

Chris Karson <https://www.facebook.com/chris.karson.39?fref=nf> 

May 16 at 7:54pm
<https://www.facebook.com/chris.karson.39/posts/10155058778864852>  . 

I don't want to be remembered for being the guy in the wheelchair, I don't
want to be remembered for the guy with the fast van, I don't want to be
remembered for my heartfelt writings, I want to be remembered as the
individual who's life impacted you enough, to inspired you to follow your
dreams whatever they might be. Whatever challenges you face or mountains you
must climb, reach for the stars my friends. Be thoughtful to never step on
another's dream, but instead enlighten their path to possibilities.

What a blessing he was to those who path he crossed!  RIP Chris!

Blessings to you mom.  Blessings to you.

 

Kay

 

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Saturday, June 4, 2016 11:04 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [QUAD-L] Chris Karson Passes At 46 Years.

 

My son Chris passed today.  It wasn't his fault.  Injured at 19 years with a
C4/5 SCI injury from a vehicle crash, he went on to attend at graduated Ball
State University with a degree is Family Science and Social Service.  During
his rehab period and while attending Ball State U, he designed, supervised
the construction of North America Fastest Drag Van (10 Seconds @ 1/4 Mile).
His travels in racing took him all over the Midwest.  During the same
period, Chris became friends with custom vans and custom vans in North
America.  He became a Vanner and partnered with the Midwest Vans Limited and
celebrated with them at so many "truck ins" and Nationals (Nats)  Chris,
always found time to speak at prisons, to imates and juvenile centers with
his special messages, several times a year. He inspired thousands of people
over the years.

 

Today, as he was returning from a car showing, sitting in the tow van, when
his driver was towing his trailer and drag van,  along with 4 other custom
vanners in a convoy,  his van was hit head on by a mini van driving at a
high rate of speed.... the wrong way.  The force of the crash caused the
mini van to catch fire and the fire spread to Chris's tow van.  His driver
was able to escape thru the broken driver's window and was pull to safety
while his van friend's tried to open the doors of the tow van and deploy the
gate lift. The fire was intense. The impact forced Chris and his chair up
against the lift ramp and he had a seat belt on. His friends burnt their
hands and arms while trying to get Chris out of the van... to no avail and
then the fire department and rescue arrived.  Chris lost his life quickly,
per the corners conversation to me.  Its late this night and I am trying to
reflex all that has happened today as well as Chris's sudden passing.

 

You have to see his Facebook and the comments that continue to pour in from
around the world as the people media reacts.  You can visit his website:
www.karsonracing.com and see for yourself how he inspired others.  His
facebook:  Chris Karson.

 

As most can tell, my heart is heavy with grief and the thousand of people he
affected.

Best Wishes

Reply via email to