Tucson does not get as hot as Phoenix but this past Friday through today we
have gotten our summer weather to the extreme. Then it will slowly cool
down to our regular summer temperatures and hopefully with rain coming our
way in Northwest Tucson.

I love the heat so sitting in the shade does not bother me at all
especially at night.

Greg... when I took my dog to the veterinarian on April 27 (the same
veterinarian I have had since 2002) I was asking him what he preferred or
as I should be putting Frontline or any flea and tick repellent on my dog
because, before my husband's passing, that was not a problem. He said that
was not really a problem here but he told me that an entomologist (that he
knew) came in to talk to him one day and told him that, beginning in
2006/2007ish, mosquitoes have increased 26%. My veterinarian said he has a
nice backyard but can't even enjoy it because of the mosquitoes.

My husband and I never came across any mosquitoes but where I am at now
(with a little backyard with a small drip system) I have never seen so many
gnats and flies, etc. over the 11 years I lived here with my husband. So
now, coming back, mosquitoes have become the problem although I haven't
seen any yet and I hope not to.

I have made the decision not to put any flea or tick repellent on my dog
(my US Certified Support/Companion Canine) by living in a suburb and
staying away from any wet areas as much as possible. She is also not
itching or anything of the sort. He says that her eyes and ears and teeth
look great for her age (she is our already 9 1/2 years old).

Since my husband and I adopted her together and now that I am not with
family... it is basically just her and I against the world as far as the
love goes back and forth. She is the reason I get up in the morning.

~Lori

--
"Petting, scratching and cuddling a dog could be soothing to the mind and
heart and deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer." ~Dean