From: Randy Anderson [mailto:randyanderson...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 8, 2017 12:25 PM
To: Nichole Rohling; Randy Anderson
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] ? about Irrigating Catheter

Hello Nichole
It sounds like you and I went to the same doctor :-) :-). I believe the product
your speaking of is Renacidin.
I used Renacidin for years and then they stopped making it, for the reasons you
mention. The main ingredient is citric acid.
I found out a couple days ago that they have started making it again.
According to my pharmacists the company's problem was in the packaging. He used
to come in a large glass bottle with a rubber seal on the end. You had to draw
the solution out with a syringe and then put it into the catheter. After doing
this several times using the same bottle, there was a problem keeping it
sterile so they discontinued it. Sometime since they started repacking it in
individual use containers.
I am planning on starting it again.

As far as a plug catheter, if the plugs while I'm in my chair I try laying
back. Then all try squeezing the catheter, but if all else fails I use a
syringe to be late the balloon of the catheter. This has worked for me about
95% of the time, but when you do this you need to be careful that the catheter
doesn't come out at all. If it does, when you inflate it again it will cause
some problems because the catheter is no longer in the bladder.

Hope this helps, Randy

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 12:14 PM, Randy Anderson <randyanderson...@gmail.com>

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 11:00 AM, Nichole Rohling <zoocr...@windstream.net>