I very much recommend a colostomy. Changed my life. I use to bleed now and then too. My doc said it happens a lot.  To try using extra gel / lube.

But my program made me sweat so bad, and took 2 hours. The only thing I hated was drinking the stuff that cleans you out pre surgery. Because you get such bad diarrhea after drinking that stuff, I stayed in the hospital the night before the surgery. I didn’t want to still have diarrhea on the way to the hospital, etc. Made things so much easier.

Now I don't live my life around poop, worried about issues, accidents, leaks, etc.

Greg