Whether or not you choose to swap out the CPU, you should definitely max
out the RAM. Adding RAM is the fastest, cheapest, and easiest way to boost
the performance of system. Check with olde-mac-milt and he will see to it
that you get the correct RAM stick for the 630CD (I know this because he
provided the CPU and RAM upgrades for MY 630CD).

        Sp00ky

>The 630CD is already essentially a Quadra, it has a 68LC040 that could
>be swapped with a 68040, making it a full Quadra. In fact, there is a
>Quadra 630 that is the same machine, more or less.

        Sp00ky
--
  Spiritus ex Machina
  No matter how paranoid you are, it isn't paranoid enough.