In a message dated 1/22/03 6:59:52 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<
> This is probably due to the fact that both Win 95/98 both use a different
> style of FAT (File Allocation Table) than NT which uses NTFS.  NT is closer
> to a UNIX based OS than DOS based and is more stable.  It is good to hear
> that the DOS card makes up for the inadequacies of the pentium style of CPU.

I think it's due to it having to use BIOS calls to access the hard drive.

Correct.

Although the PC Compatibility Card uses an Award BIOS, that BIOS is
especially designed to interface to peripherals, all of which are simulated.

In particular, the disk driver is simulated, and that simulation is inadquate
for NT.