On 23 Jan 2003, Artur Yelchishchev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "Kyle Kinsey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > >My bet is that 98 will work since it is just an "improvement" over
> > >95....and I bet that ME would run if you had a 586 with 64MB of RAM
> > >(I'm guessing here), since ME is an "improved" 98.
> >
> > indeed 98 and 98se should both work being just 95+plus+ie4 and a few buf=
> >  fix's.
>
> Win98 is very similar to the Win95, but it isn't "just bug-fixed
> version" - there are some serious differencies in the kernel. For
> example, Win98 does have native (built-in) support for USB peripheral,
> and Win98SE - support for FireWire peripheral, unlike Win95.

DOS cards as found on 630 DOS Compatible Macs were limited to 32 MB
RAM. Try running Win98 in 32 MB RAM :-(

You could run Win95 (I used to) but I found there was also a
(serious) limitation with this card. It's highest video display was
800 x 600 at 4bit resolution - 16 colors in total. Just pitiful.
You could get 8bit color at 640 x 480

IIRC, like OS/2 and NT, you could not install and run Win98 on this
card either.

Later PCI, Pentium type DOS cards were probably the way to a better
Windows experience on a Mac. - But that's getting OT.

Mike