On 28 Jan 2003, "Todd Felmly" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> New idea!...
>
> Since the sunrise extension is working on the 8.0 boot floppy (it's
> detecting the drive), I think the OS can't read the format of the CD. The CD
> is an ISO9660 disc and I see an extension on the HD that says ISO9660 ... I
> put this extension which was marked as being an 8.1 file onto the 8.0 disc
> and it didn't work probably due to the differences in version numbers. I
> found an older one on Apples FTP site which I will try tomorrow (bed time
> now). Sound possible?

You mentioned earlier that you "just need some way to get your NEC 3x
cdrom drive to work".....

You need the NEC 3x drivers. You don't have these?

I have an external 3x NEC CD ROM and this works fine on 8.1 and with
the NEC drivers installed onto a boot floppy, so I am able to
reinstall or update (or downdate) software from CD ROM in this way.

Mike.