> Why is your OS 8 CD an ISO 9660 CD?
> --

The Quadra was purchased at a yard sale. The Mac OS 8 cd that came with the
machine was a copy (the original owner burned a copy). Yes I know piracy but
I didn't do it and I am only trying to get it to work. If all it takes is
getting a legal copy of the OS that I'll do that. OK, since this is a copy
of the original could it be in ISO9660 format? A boot floppy doesn't have
the ISO 9660 extension which is probably the reason the OS doesn't know what
format the cd is in? When I boot into the OS via the HD, that extension
loads so it can read the CD.

Make sense? Possible?

Again - I don't promote piracy and will obtain a legal copy of OS 8 (if I
still can). I just want to know if this is the root of my original problem
of not being able to read the CD while using a floppy to boot. I don't want
to buy another CD drive if all I have to do is replace the CD itself.

Todd