>> the 660av is 33 mhz i believe www.everymac.com gives me that info.
>> the 660 av has the most ram as well a max of 68 megs.  the 630 also
>> has a 68lc040 cpu i believe.  that is slower than the 660 av you can
>> run the most operating systems on the 660av however netbsd and linux
>> and openbsd on it and a/ux
>
> I'd keep the 660av.  The 630 is a wholly unremarkable machine unless
> you have either the DOS expansion or the AV/TV expansion.  The 5200
> series, as noted earlier, is sort of bad.  If you don't need PPC
> functionality, I'd stick with the 660av.
> The 630 and 5200 are both IDE drives, 660av uses SCSI.

I had forgotten the LC 630 was an LC040 cpu. I replaced mine with the full
040 years ago (a simple swap). My LC 630 has 84 MB RAM, 4 built-in, 1-64 MB
stick and 1-16 MB stick. Seems to me slot one will only "see" 16 MB. Like I
said, many only had one slot.

I don't think the 630 is so unremarkable. ATA hard drives are cheaper, and
the DOS & AV/TV expansion cards are everywhere because so many were sold to
schools. The slide-in mobos & modules are a joy.

Both lowendmac.com and apple-history.com say the C660av is 25 MHz. The 630
is 33 MHz.