On 10/06/2015 03:19, Donald Sharp wrote:
http://patchwork.quagga.net/patch/1241/

This one will be 2 weeks tomorrow.
+1

So, it remains 50 weeks before we'll face the bug :D

Paul> you can push it. If you are busy, I'll be able to connect to git only by tomorrow.

I agree for many patches, I do not understand the 2 weeks delay. It can be a rule, but there are many cases for simple fix (like this one for BGP) that do not deserve this rule. Unless maintainers are busy.

Patch sent
  -> patch ack't
      -> consensus
          -> apply it

Then, if it is a bad patch, git is our friend and it'll be blamed/reverted

Honestly though I don't know how to read the patchwork.quagga.net
<http://patchwork.quagga.net>.  It has hundreds of patches that are
years old, what applies anymore and what doesn't apply?

I agree that we should start dropping everything from patchwork that is too old, just keep them into an Attic. It the old patches were useful, we'll rewrote/redo the same fix/developments.

My 2 cents,

donald

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 5:59 PM, Vincent JARDIN <vincent.jar...@6wind.com