On Tue, 9 Jun 2015, Vincent JARDIN wrote:

 http: //patchwork.quagga.net/patch/537/

I'd probably take this rather than drop it, as it seems more correct than blindly changing the router-ID.

E.g. it would seem like this would impact DRs on broadcast nets too - they write their router-Id into the network LSA links, and the spf_next lookup uses this to find the router-LSAs for attached routers, to add as candidate vertices for SPF.

The one thing I'm not sure of is whether this patch would actually cause the network-LSA to be re-originated. Maybe it needs something heavier, at e.g. generate ISM_InterfaceDown before changing the router-id and ISM_InterfaceUp after (note the router-id check in ospf_dr_change too)?

Anyone tested that already and know for sure?

regards,
--
Paul Jakma      p...@jakma.org  @pjakma Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: