On Wed, 20 Apr 2016, David Lamparter wrote:

(If no, a realistic application scenario maybe?)

The application I developed it for. Being able to take down routers in a staged way that allowed me to have confidence that if anything was going to break it would break while the router was still reachable. (VPN routers in branch offices).

The "no-transit" way ensures that. It never occurred to me that some might still want transit (why bother with a 'special' metric value, if it wasn't actually meant to be special? just add any large value to all the links for that).

The OSPF WG is actually standardising behaviour for that. It's useful enough they've re-allocated a previously allocated and very precious OSPF option bit for it.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma      p...@jakma.org  @pjakma Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: