IMO we really need to get to a point where we have an active development
'mainline' with CI and nightly regression.  Every project I've worked on
since the 90s has had this and I'm sure many of us have this at least
internally.  It dramatically reduces cost of integration, need for
rebasing, identification of problematic submissions, and other overhead
and bottlenecks....

Lou