HID headlight conversions come up regularly on almost all car forums
(as it has on here before).  See here for the most definitive info:
http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/drs/hidheadlamps

If you type "VOSA HID" into your preferred search engine you'll see
similar discussions everywhere.
Just because you can buy them on Ebay doesn't make them legal for use
on UK roads (as with smoked rear lights, LED washer jets and the rest
of the profusion of chav gear you "can" purchase.
No, you might not fail an MOT, but how many people regularly pass MOTs
with serious failings!?
Up to you.
Matt