Its been like it for a while. I know the radiator looks like its seen
better days, so that is probably a good starting point.

I'm planning a trip to classis Le Mans next year and want to do all I
can to prevent it doing its normal trick of breaking down on the M25 !
Not that either time has been anything to do with overheating