Somewhere i have the details for the Ford sensor, i just can't find the somewhere at the moment.

I think it was 9 pulses per rev of the speedo cable.
The revs of the speedo cable per mile can be found by looking at the very top of the Ford speedo from below. It's printed on the face just behind the bezel so you can only see it when looking from a low level, not sitting in the car normally.
It's either 100 or 1000 revs/mile

You can get adaptors for doing conversion for different speedos or rev counters in cars. Or, as you say you can do it yourself, i have some PIC micro code from when i made one but when another was needed it was so cheap to buy one i just did that.

Jim


On 07/09/2015 18:12, Dave the Subbie wrote:
Hi All,

I'm in the middle of breaking my MGF and I've removed the Electrical Power Assisted Steering (EPAS), with a view to fitting it to my 2+2.

I know this has been done before, and I'm happy doing the work, but I could do with the benefit of experience of anyone who has already done the job.

My main question is about the Road Speed Input.

I know that there are adaptor boxes that generate a steady signal to fool the car that it is moving, but I am sure we can do better than that. I want the speed-related variable assistance to work properly.

On the Mk3 Fiesta, there was a sensor fitted between the speedo cable and the gearbox, which generated a signal for the Engine Management System. It seems to be a no-brainer to use one of these for the Road Speed Input, instead of the sensor that is fitted on the Diff on the MG.

The only problem I foresee is that the number of pulses per mile generated by the Fiesta sensor will be different to that generated on the MG.

If necessary, I can design a simple multiplier circuit to sort that out, but I need to know the pulses per mile in each case.

Has anyone been down this route before and have anything to contribute that might make the job easier?

Otherwise, I will report back in due course.

Thanks,

Dave.


--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Quantum Owners Group" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/quantumowners?hl=en

IMPORTANT NOTE: All information presented herewith is provided on an "As Is" basis, without warranty or the implication thereof. Neither the Quantum Owners Club nor the individuals associated with the Quantum Owners Club or in the preparation of the above information shall have any liability to any person or entity with respect to liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the instructions contained within this or related message(s).
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Quantum Owners Group" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
Version: 2015.0.6140 / Virus Database: 4409/10587 - Release Date: 09/06/15


--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Quantum 
Owners Group" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/quantumowners?hl=en

IMPORTANT NOTE: All information presented herewith is provided on an "As Is" 
basis, without warranty or the implication thereof. Neither the Quantum Owners Club nor 
the individuals associated with the Quantum Owners Club or in the preparation of the 
above information shall have any liability to any person or entity with respect to 
liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the 
instructions contained within this or related message(s).
--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Quantum Owners Group" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to