  From: 'teegee777' via Quantum Owners Group
  To: Quantum Owners Group
  Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2019 11:06 AM
  Subject: Re: [Quantum Owners] Re: Young driver interested in kit cars

  Hi Martin,
                I thought I would update on my 2+2 issue. It just stopped on
the A14,no hard shoulder...but the Police recovered me within 10 minutes. It
started again after they unhitched me and I trailered it home (it drove on and
off the trailer). I topped it up with petrol and was going out of my drive when
it stopped again (stopped so quickly it had to be electrical). I started to
look at it last week again after about 3 months of non-use (back and shoulder
injury). I charged battery and it started first time, left it running on the
drive and it stopped after about 5 minutes, no spark at plugs or coil (king
lead). It started again after about 20 minutes and then completely failed to
start.The coil seemed o.k. but ordered a new coil and ignition module
(Intermotor 15020). The ignition module fixed the problem, it came with silicon
to heat insulate it from the distributor. One thing to watch was it came with
"male" connectors on the module and needed the original "female to female"
adaptor to connect to the "male" connectors on the distributor. I managed to
get the module for about £25.The engine is 1.4 CVH, red top distributor.

                       Cheers
                               Tony