There was, ar one time, a fairly well documented conversion for the 2+2 involving the use of a mk1 (non ABS) MONDEO Servo. There were a few minor (?) Fitting complications, but the result was reported to be a huge improvement. Incidentally, the servo for the Mk3 based H4 is also as hens teeth to source new or second-hand, but a friend with a TVR (which also utilises a mk3 Fiesta servo) found from his research that one of the KIA cars offers a viable alternative. Interestingly, the early Hyundai Stellar had front suspension almost indistinguishable from the mk 3,4 and 5 Cortina, if the Spartan Owners' Club magazine (Spartacus) of the era is to be believed. Certainly I think the Hyundai/Kia parts bins may well be worth further research and possibly could prove a valuable source of alternative parts?