To me it looks like your composition isn’t "depending on time” in any way, so
QC is assuming that it needs to render the scene only once. For a quick test
you can add a “Wave Generator (LFO)” patch to the “Z Position” of your blue
Kineme 3D Object Renderer. This way you force the composition to render every
cycle.

The QuartzComposer Editor app is actually only an editor for the
document-plist-file. The rendering is happening in the framework. The framework
can be updated by installing the current macOS. The QuartzComposer app is part
of the “Additional Tools for Xcode x.x” bundle located here:
https://developer.apple.com/download/more/
<https://developer.apple.com/download/more/> (only accessible with an Apple
Developer Account)

Unfortunately there were very few updated and/or bugfixes to the framework as
well as the editor in recent times. Thats why I think an update won’t help you
with this.

Hope this helps,

best,

Achim Breidenbach