On Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 2:16:15 PM UTC+1, Elias Mårtenson wrote:
> On Saturday, 3 February 2018 12:06:20 UTC+8, Andrew David Wong  wrote:
>
> > As far as I know, Qubes Windows Tools continues to remain on
> > indefinite hold. We welcome anyone from the community with the
> > requisite skills to take over development (or just pitch in here and
> > there).
>
> I wanted to be that person, and I did take an initial look. However, being an
> experienced Unix developer was not much help in figuring out the issues with
> the Windows tools.
>
> Is there some source of information that helps explain what the problem could
> be, and where to start looking for it?
>
> Regards,
> Elias

@Elias
It would be amazing if you can get the needed information and have a second
look at it.
I'm only speculating here, but could it be possible that the code is more or
less the way it's supposed to be, but has just not been tested, verified, and
then distributed on Qubes 4?

If the precedent for release requirements is the expectation of quality before
release, then perhaps the hindrance is just testing and verifying if it works?

Also it seems like some functions "might (maybe)" work as intended, for example
I can copy files between VM's and Win7, on a Win7 that was installed on Qubes
3.2., but backup restored on Qubes 4. Others seem like they can do this too.
Also it seems it's a common problem not to be internet in the restored
Q3.2-Win7, perhaps the code is different in regards to how it ties networking
with Qubes 4? I have no idea about the rest of the mechanics from a users
perspective though, and most certainly not as a developer as I unfortunately
don't have such skills, I wish I could help more.