@awokd

On Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 12:10:18 AM UTC+1, awokd wrote:
> On Wed, February 7, 2018 10:38 pm, Yuraeitha wrote:
>

> > Have you ever experienced crashes while running search files on disk from
> > the Windows menu? If so, maybe we can turn off the search function to
> > avoid any issues?
>
> Disk activity seems to trigger it for me too. I still get the occasional
> crash when anti-virus scan runs for example, but it's been rare enough I
> haven't looked into it any further. I already have search disabled so yes,
> try it out too!

Will do, hopefully it'll make a difference. It's frustrating that anti-virus
does it too though. Maybe we can disable it on the AppVM, but only keep it
enabled on the template of Windows? I never got around to get Windows template
to work though, but I imagine it might be a way to bypass the anti-virus issue
on daily use-cases.

I'm pondering about the Superfetch service too, I recall from earlier days that
Windows Superfetch could give issues, but as far as I remember it was never
truly verified, at least not as an official note. Situations seem to be when
having too little RAM on a hardware Windows install, perhaps it causes issues
too with too little RAM on a VM install? I'll try disable mine, but I'm not
sure if it will change anything related to the stability, other than its
intended function of a bit faster application-start of course.

Another issue I found, which I'm not yet sure is a problem or not, seems to be
when closing Windows via the Qubes 4 widget, that it happens a lot, lot faster,
compared to if you close Windows with the Windows own shutdown button, which is
slow, but will eventually shutdown entirely in Qubes as well. I haven't
verified it yet, but it does look like the Qubes 4 doesn't give room for
updates to tick. Perhaps the intention here is that Qubes 4 widget is meant for
AppVM versions of Windows, while the template should be shutdown with Windows's
own shutdown command? It's fortunate that seamless mode doesn't have to be
enabled on the Windows template to make use of the AppVM seamless mode.