@Ivan

On Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 1:22:06 PM UTC+1, Ivan Mitev wrote:
> >> - I think it's great if you post your guide for others to see :) You
> >> can always leave a disclaimer, such as no code has not been audited in
> >> this particular case, however that it worked for a few of users who
> >> tried it (it worked for me on my first try, more to come though). If
> >> people have all available information, including the disclaimer, then
> >> they can make calls for themselves, so that responsibility is not put
> >> on you if something should go wrong.
> >
> > Well, strictly speaking there's no "guide" yet :) - only bits and parts
> > in notes, ML posts or from the official qubes documentation. Marek's
> > last post also provided a lot of informative stuff.
> >
> > Ideally there should be a wiki page with those tests and pieces of info,
> > with more relaxed "commit" rights than the official Qubes docs so that
> > users can freely change/fix the instructions until things settle down -
> > at which point they could maybe be included in the official documentation.
> >
> > I see there's a handful of free wiki sites on the web, I'll try to setup
> > a page on one of those. But as usual, not ETA - I have very little free
> > time ; if you'd like you can go ahead and publish what you already
> > have/found out and I'll definitely help with the content and tests.
>
> so, I found some time and created this:
>
> https://github.com/taradiddles/qubes-notes/wiki/Windows-VM
>
> It's a bit of a hodgepodge from various ML posts and my own notes. The
> edit policy is open to everyone, so anyone - feel free to add your own
> stuff.
>
> (I hope it's not a problem to create such an unofficial wiki; If it is
> I'll delete it and I'll try to make the doc a bit more pretty and send a
> PR for inclusion in the official doc; alternatively, such a wiki could
> be created in the qubes-doc repository).
>
> Ivan

It's looking really good, it looks like you got every currently confirmed
Windows issues on there in a well-written and easy to read page. This will
definitely be helpful to point to for those switching from Q3.2. to Q4.0. and
are asking about Windows support.

I like your idea about an official Wiki page too for Qubes, in the fashion you
described it. I imagine an easy to find link to such a Qubes wiki on the
www.qubes-os.org website might be really good, so that more people may discover
it and use it. And considering it's available on github, which seems like a big
plus as well. It'd be interesting to know what the Qubes developers/staff feel
about your wiki suggestion. Also the current doc section on the official
website is becoming a bit over-cluttered as its growing over time. A wiki
indeed seems like it might make good sense at this point, especially if more
doc's are to appear on-wards.