On Mon, Sep 26, 2022 at 11:33:22PM +0200, mm wrote:
> Hi Marek,
>

> On 9/26/22 00:01, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:
> > Hi M,
> >
> > In fact, I'm working on translation-utilz right now too. Marta used her
> > google-foo and found this gem:
> > https://github.com/SamWilsn/docutils-rst-writer
> >
> this looks very nice!! :) Thanks Marta! :)
>
> > So, I replaced most of the qubesrstwriter2.py with just this thing and
> > it's almost flawless (especially tables, images etc work out of the
> > box).
>
> OK, thanks for the PR, I'll merge into and get rid of the obsolete stuff
> from my branch this days.
>
> I have some weird customized fixes all over, but this should work.
>
> One question though:
>
> have you had success with parsing admin-api.rst (as converted by pandoc from
> md?)

I think so, yes.

> I get the error when parsing with docutils in order to post-process it for
> qubes:
>
> docutils.utils.SystemMessage: /home/user/testingfilez/admin-api.rst:74:
> (SEVERE/4) Unexpected section title

IIUC this was issue with overly wrapped table, so '_' or '-' in some cells
landed at unfortunate locations and were mis-parsed. In my PR I set line
length much longer to avoid this table wrapping and it seems to work.
The final sphinx-generated HTML looks a bit weird (no vertical cell
borders), but I think that's up to the theme, not RST.

- --
Best Regards,
Marek Marczykowski-Górecki
Invisible Things Lab