I have a question about the security of Whonix, which is used as the Tor VM in
QUBES 3.2.

My question is... we know that the Tor Browser can be hacked, mainly based on
Firefox exploits.

So it's very possible that when I'm using Whonix, the Tor Firefox browser gets
hacked.

So when this happens, and I restart the Whonix VM... is the hack now gone, or
is it persistent..?

In other words, does the App VM load the browser itself from the Whonix
template...?

Or, does the browser itself reside in the App VM..?

Presumably, if the browser is in the App VM, then the hack is persistent, and I
would have to create the App VM all over again in order to clean it up.

But if it's in the template VM, then it's wiped clean whenever you restart the
App VM.

Thanks