I used to run samba server on Archlinux inside Qubes. Actual data was stored on
a separate volume group and mounted in the server vm on boot. The main
difficulty was to do routing and firewalling properly on every change of
network topology. The main risk was that eventually many vms had to be
connected to one proxyvm and that was not safe. When I realised that the data
is more often accessed from outside than inside I just created a NAS (Turnkey
fileserver running in an unprivileged container actually :) )

Having done all that I believe there should be no traditional network services
inside Qubes. A storage domain owning storage controllers and disconnected from
network would make sense but it would require great care in dealing with
concurrent file access. And it definitely must not have access to images of
other vms.

I agree with Axon. A need for simulteneous access can be justified only in case
of different OS'es. My solution to that is simple - ditch Windows :)))