> On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 06:44:35AM -0800, Andrew David Wong wrote:
>> On 2016-12-14 06:31, harh...@gmail.com wrote:
>> > I did that already, so...
>> >
>> > That's the point - I can't run any command, cause vm-manager (and
>> > the process itself) seems to do not run, "dnf remove" reports of
>> > not-existing packets (cant match the arguments
>> > "qubes-template-fedora-24" and so on.. It is a record within *file
>> > where this VM mentioned and vm-manager checks it..)
>> >
>> > #..... Yes, I have a Backup, but wish to repair this state... if it
>> > is impossible -> then ok, I'll do backup#
>> >

>> I understand. I'm afraid I don't know how to fix the broken state your
>> system is currently in, but maybe someone else does. My message was
>> mainly about how to avoid this situation from recurring in the future.
>
> At every system startup backup of qubes.xml is created in
> /var/lib/qubes/backup - you can restore it from there, then remove
> template using correct tools.

I have had cases when it appears that QubesManager appears like it will
not start, but the reason is because it sees another one running so holds
off (but sticks around).  The other instance is windowless and usually
wedged somehow (typically on libvirt--I'm not a big fan of that layer).

As root, do a "ps ax | grep qubes-manager" to find the running process (a
python process).  kill (or kill -9 if needed) that process #.  All of
them, if there's more than one.  Then re-run qubes-manager with
"qubes-manager".

If libvirtd is being stupid, a "sudo systemctl restart libvirtd".  That
often wakes up a non-responsive system for me.  (If that's the problem,
kill qubes-manager, restart libvirtd, then run qubes-manager.)

-JJ