On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 09:06:48AM +0000, Wim Vervoorn wrote:
> Hello Marek,
>
> Thanks for getting back to me.
>
> I obtained the logs and had a look at them.
>
> I couldn't find anything obvious. Can you have a look at them.

Hmm, I found this in anaconda.log:
23:19:35,474 INFO anaconda: skipping boot loader install per user request

Do you remember some question about it, or changing such option?

> Please be aware this isn't a standard UEFI BIOS but coreboot with a TianoCore
> payload on top of it. This implementation is UEFI only and doesn't support a
> CSM in any way.

This may be important details. We have some code targeting
specifically coreboot, but then assuming grub payload there...
But it shouldn't disable installing UEFI entries, only allow to have
encrypted /boot (since grub in coreboot can handle it).

Some relevant log entries:

anaconda.log:
01:50:16,997 INFO anaconda: bootloader XenEFI on EFI platform
01:50:17,067 INFO anaconda: dmidecode -s bios-vendor returns coreboot

syslog:
01:49:52,515 WARNING kernel:[  223.240750] efivars: get_next_variable:
status=8000000000000003

Hmm, this actually may be a problem. I'm not sure what
status=8000000000000003 is, but if accessing efivars does not work,
efibootmgr would not work, so can't add Qubes entry. Does `efibootmgr
- -v` show anything?

Other than that, I also can't see anything interesting.

- --
Best Regards,
Marek Marczykowski-Górecki
Invisible Things Lab