On Wednesday, 24 May 2017 08:04:39 UTC+10, Connor Page  wrote:
> I've managed to install pfSense as a HVM. not sure if it makes sense to run
> it as a trusted firewall but that is possible. I created 2 netvms called LAN
> and DMZ and created bridges in those. i made a copy of pfSense HVM config and
> changed interface type to bridge, added a second virtual interface and linked
> them to bridges in LAN and DMZ backends. a pci network interface was also
> delegated to that domain (thought it would become the WAN) but pfSense didn't
> recognize it.
> I created an alternative config for a Manjaro HVM to connect to the bridge in
> LAN and after manually setting addresses on all network interfaces and
> bridges and a bit of tinkering with iptables I could login to pfSense admin
> portal from Manjaro
> I think putting it together with standard appvms and proxyvms in one network
> topology is possible but I haven't tried yet.
>
> for reference re multiple network interfaces connecting to bridges
> http://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#elementsNICSVirtual

Whenever I perform an install, I always get "No-link-up conencted" when it
tries to find the current WAN device and I've got it connected to the firewall
instead of a physical device.

I attach a physical device...
"bge0: watchdog timeout -- resetting"
"bge0: firmware handshake timed out, found 0x58000000"
"bge0: firmware handshake timed out, found 0x58000000"

Then a few minutes later it does it again.

How did you get around this?