On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 11:25:52 AM UTC-4, Eric Duncan wrote:
> On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 10:09:23 AM UTC-4, Noor Christensen wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 08:21:10AM -0700, Eric Duncan wrote:
> > > Alternatively... Is there a way to use some type of "Testing" repo for
> > > Qubes?  Something like rolling updates of Debian Testing does?
> > >
> > > I was perfectly happy with Debian Testing on a previous build, until I
> > > moved to Arch which was a bit more stable with its rolling releases.
> > >
> > > I wouldn't mind installing a "rolling release" of Qubes under a
> > > Testing repo, if there is one.
> >
> > Yes, there are three repos that offer packages not yet merged to stable:
> >
> > qubes-dom0-current-testing    testing packages that will eventually land in
> > the stable (current) repository
> > qubes-dom0-security-testing   a subset of qubes-dom0-current-testing that
> > contains packages that qualify as security fixes
> > qubes-dom0-unstable           packages that are not intended to land in the
> > stable (qubes-dom0-current) repository; mostly experimental debugging
> > packages
> >
> > See the "Testing repositories" section of the official docs:
> > https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/software-update-dom0/#how-to-update-software-in-dom0
> >
> > -- noor
> >
> > |_|O|_|
> > |_|_|O|  Noor Christensen
>

> Thanks!  Yep, I found that wiki after I posted (oops).
>
> One question: would these repos be considered "Rolling" releases?  I mean,
> they aren't cut as releases, but would always have the "Tip" of packages,
> fixes and updates?
>
> qubes-dom0-current-testing    testing packages that will eventually land in
> the stable (current) repository
> qubes-dom0-security-testing   a subset of qubes-dom0-current-testing that
> contains packages that qualify as security fixes
>
> I do not plan on running unstable.  :)
>
> Thanks!

upgrading to the latest release from previous version didn't go well for me.
There are instructions on how to do so and maybe I did something wrong.  But I
had to reinstall fresh and restore backups which went smooth.

Most Qubes users are paranoids and probably wipe their drive occasionally
anyways.

I wouldn't consider Qubes a rolling release Its one big huge version update.
Next Qubes version I think will be 4.0.