On 01.12.2017 10:05, Tom Zander wrote:
On Friday, 1 December 2017 00:37:47 CET Stumpy wrote:
I am not so familiar with google groups but I don't have a google
account

For those of us in that section of the population; you can subscribe to the group without having a google account and get 100% of the emails in your
email application of choice.

The details are here;
https://www.qubes-os.org/mailing-lists/

Quoting from it;

Google Groups

You don’t have to subscribe in order to post to this list. However,
subscribing might nonetheless be desirable, as it ensures that your
messages will not be eaten by the Google Groups spam filter and allows
you to receive messages which were sent directly to the list.>
    To subscribe to the list, send a blank email to
    qubes-users+subscr...@googlegroups.com.>
        Note: A Gmail account is not required. Any email address will
        work.

Thanks for the response. Perhaps I am a bit confused but I have subscribed to the mailing list but some of the responses only seem to be in google groups, not my inbox, so in order to reply I would have to get a google account no?

I took another look at the mailing-lists page as it has indeed been awhile since I looked at it and noticed: "Keep the mailing list CCed throughout the conversation unless there’s a special need for privacy (in which case, use PGP encryption). This increases the likelihood that a greater quantity of useful information will be available to everyone in the future." That point seems to kind of answer my question/request in that everyone needs to CC (I am assuming there is a way to include the posters email when responding via the web interface). If the poster isn't cc'd then they will not see the response in their inbox, or be able to respond via email.