On 12/03/2017 04:02 AM, Andrew David Wong wrote:>> No, a Google Account
is not required. Many people who use the
>> Qubes mailing lists never create one. If you're subscribed to one
>> of the lists, you should be receiving every message sent to that
>> list. (Of course, you won't retroactively receive emails that were
>> sent to the list before you subscribed.)
>
>>> Really? I must be doing something wrong. I had origonally sent a
>>> message to qubes-users+subscr...@googlegroups.com and got a
>>> confirmation message but I dont get any messages except some of
>>> the responses to my posts that I sent to
>>> qubes-users@googlegroups.com I will read the mailing list page
>>> again because I think I have missed an important detail
>
> I just tried to search for your email address in the list of
> qubes-users subscribers, and it's not there. So, it looks like your
> address was never successfully subscribed, or it was unsubscribed at
> some point. I recommend that you try to subscribe again.

Hmm, just a suggestion: if people aren't expected to Cc: everyone
involved in a thread when replying, maybe it'd be better to set the
google groups to only allow incoming messages from subscribed email
addresses only? The error message is not very informative, but it would
avoid issues like this one, by forcing people to subscribe before asking
questions? Then it's less user-friendly, so there's a choice to be made,
if it hasn't been made already.