W dniu piątek, 8 grudnia 2017 09:07:56 UTC+1 użytkownik tai...@gmx.com napisał:
> On 12/08/2017 02:43 AM, Yethal wrote:
>
> > W dniu czwartek, 7 grudnia 2017 21:23:18 UTC+1 użytkownik Wael Nasreddine
> > napisał:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I'm looking to build a new Desktop specifically for Qubes OS, so my most
> >> important requirement is compatibility. I currently have 64GB (4 x 16GB)
> >> 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3400 (PC4 27200)[0] that I'd like to use, and I'm
> >> looking for a recommendation for the motherboard and CPU. Preferably a 6+
> >> cores CPU. What do you guys use?
> >>
> >> I'm aware of the HCL page, but I'm mostly interested in knowing your
> >> personal experience with your current hardware.
> >>
> >> [0]: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232264
> > Zero issues with i7-6800K on an AsRock X99 board. Has PS/2 port, disabling
> > Management Engine is possible via built in flashing tool, all hardware
> > sensors were detected and it supports PCI-E bifurcation alongside SR-IOV.
> > I'm running Mini-itx version which may be unsuitable for your needs as it
> > only takes 32GB of ram but it would be pretty safe to assume that full-size
> > AsRock X99 motherboards would also be fully compatible with Qubes.
> That isn't disabling ME, nor ME cleaner - you can NOT disable ME - it is
> impossible even the HAP tool doesn't do so.
>
> Your only hope is to buy hardware without it such as the new enough to
> be useful Socket G34 and C32 AMD PRE-PSP Systems, boards KGPE-D16 and
> KCMA-D8 have libre firmware available and can play video games in a VM
> via IOMMU-GFX, they also have dual onboard separate USB controllers (you
> can use the second via a breakout bracket)

I ran me_cleaner with -s flag on it (setting HAP bit to 1) which supposedly
halts ME execution after hardware init is finished.

Main issue with Talos2 isn't the fact that it's not a well known product, the
main issue is that the most basic version, with no RAM, no SSD and no GPU costs
$4,750 which makes it look as if privacy was the privilege of the rich.