On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 07:09:22AM -0000, awokd wrote:
> The Stretch template was a lot easier to build this time than when I did
> it a year or so ago! However, it's MIA from my install. I see a 583MB
> qubes-template-stretch-4.0.0-201712222308.noarch.rpm in
> qubes-src/linux-template-builder/rpm/noarch but it didn't get installed
> with the others in there. Do I also need to edit some of the comps.xml
> under linux-yum?

Just qubes-src/installer-qubes-os/conf/comps-qubes.xml should be
enough...
Oh, I see you've changed group name. Then you need to update it in
qubes-src/installer-qubes-os/conf/qubes-kickstart.cfg.
I think the better solution would be to name it just "debian", to avoid
this problem in the future.

> Hypervisor command line is just "placeholder"; this caused dom0 to consume
> most of my RAM.

On the installed system, or installer itself?

> Good news is dom0 and the qubes are all on Linux
> 4.9.56-21.pvops.qubes.x86_64. Haven't done any testing past that. Will try
> install on a UEFI Intel later.
>
> For future reference, is it possible to "make -j4 qubes", and/or to make
> each component in the order given in "make help" instead of my all or
> nothing approach?

"make -j4 qubes" would not work, because of very primitive dependency
tracking in qubes-builder. But you can execute make with list of
components directly (copy&paste from make help). Then if something
fails, retry starting from that failed component.

> Also, should I open a qubes-issue to track this build?

Some tracking ticket for Qubes OS 3.2.1 related tasks would be useful.

Something even more useful would be, if you could open pull requests
with the changes mentioned below, referencing that ticket (add
QubesOS/qubes-issues#... to the comment). Then we'll have nice summary
about the state in that ticket.

Thanks!

- --
Best Regards,