On Tuesday, 26 December 2017 00:56:30 CET mmm...@gmail.com wrote:
> "So make sure your software is from a trusted source."
> Right but even if it is trusted at one point it can become less
> trustworthy later(infection) so I wanted to keep it perfectly "fresh" by
> using disposables.

Aha.

In Qubes you *use* AppVM based virtual machines. Those are unable to change
software because the actual software is owned by a TemplateVM.
As such this idea of keeping it fresh is already done by normal daily usage
of Qubes.

The disposable VM concept goes one step up by isolating changes to your
private data (downloaded files, config, etc).

For your goal the dispVM doesn't add anything, AppVMs already do what you
want.

> "Personally, I' d avoid thunderbird and anything from mozilla, but thats
> just me."
> Do they have a bad track record(I planned on researching my apps later
> =p).

Just last month they added an invisible plugin in their binary builds which
was programmed to not show up in the 'add-on' screen and had the ability to
alter page content.
Someone didn't actually program it well enough and the whole thing got
leaked and after a lot of heat, a lot of bad press they eventually
apologised.

I'm more concerned that they tried then how they failed.
It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Google for "looking glass" and "mozilla" if you want to know more.

--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io