On Saturday, February 10, 2018 at 6:51:47 AM UTC+1,
cybe...@national.shitposting.agency wrote:
> I have a usb drive attached to sys-usb, lets say its mounted at /mnt on
> sys-usb and im trying to backup a vm named MyVm
> from dom0 the command:
>
> sudo qvm-backup sys-usb:/mnt MyVm
>
> returns the error:
>
> The backup directory does not exist
>
> how can i make a backup to USB when USB devices are not exposed to dom0?

Correction, I must be still sleeping, but of course you can't mix the approachs
as mentioned above, because they are polar opposite approaches to either
include everything "except", or no VM's "besides only a few". My bad.

Also the python code which the new backup tool is based on, as python code's
natural nature I believe, does not give easy to read error messages. So even a
simple typo, like in the path, or forgetting '' marks in paths with space or
special letters, etc. may give you a complete python error that does not give
any hints as to what went wrong. So if it doesn't work, try look for typo's in
the command, especially if you're sleepy in the early morning or late night.