cybe...@national.shitposting.agency wrote:
> > I have a usb drive attached to sys-usb, lets say its mounted at /mnt on
> > sys-usb and im trying to backup a vm named MyVm from dom0 the command:
> >
> > sudo qvm-backup sys-usb:/mnt MyVm
> >
> > returns the error:
> >
> > The backup directory does not exist
> >
> > how can i make a backup to USB when USB devices are not exposed to dom0?
>
> and yes, this works for USB too. Just ensure the USB is mounted inside
> your AppVM, and then just throw the path to your USB which it is mounted
> on :-)

I just wanted to point out that the GUI backup app has exactly the same
problem.
I tried to make a backup a coupele of days ago. The GUI tool correctly
notices I have a sys-usb and I used it to browse to the directory there to
do the backup. All that worked fine.

Until I pressed the final button to start the backup, it just failed saying
it could not find the directory...

I ended up giving up on doing a backup.
--
Tom Zander