On Sunday, 4 March 2018 01:11:08 UTC, Yuraeitha  wrote:
> On Sunday, March 4, 2018 at 2:01:40 AM UTC+1, Yuraeitha wrote:
> > @[799]
> > Maybe we can do both and increase the overall value altogether? I'll
> > understand if you don't think that is a good idea, but lets for a moment
> > try see if a merged forum/github-wiki concept can work. We could make a
> > sub-forum or even a whole forum section for GitHub account activity. Make a
> > sticky post which is kept updated, with overview and introducing every
> > GitHub content developers who are making unofficial work to Qubes. Then
> > below that, everyone can post a detailed post for their GitHub page,
> > listing and giving brief or detailed explanations of what it brings of
> > value. Essentially it's possible to promote ones work here, so that others
> > can find it.
> >
> > So overall, for example one forum section for guides on how to use and get
> > into Qubes (i.e. new people to Qubes, and how to get started). Another
> > section for work on scripts and guides with sub-forums, moving the
> > scripts/guides over as they develop. And a final forum section to polish
> > the scripts/guides to finish them. Then we can have a forum section for
> > GitHub pages as described above, this way, people can choose the degree
> > they want others to meddle in their work. For example GitHub while
> > cooperative, doesn't tend to have others come in unless there is an open
> > invitation there, or if the other party is rude. But on the forum here,
> > it's an open invitation to come and work together on a project. This way
> > one can preserve a form of individuality too, and invite others in
> > naturally through the forum as a framework, if that is what is desired. The
> > forum will then focus on both approaches, whether it's promoting/sharing
> > work done on, or inviting on projects for work to-do.
> >
> > As such people can choose the style they like. Also in addition to that,
> > not everyone enjoys working in groups, but some enjoys working alone (and
> > that should be respected, imo). For example it may fuel energy and be
> > relaxing to work alone (it can even be a way of relaxing after a long day
> > at work/similar), while in contrast it would be exhausting to work with
> > others. Essentially the embodiment of being introvert and extrovert, both I
> > think is completely normal and none is better than the other. People who
> > gain energy working with others prefer a different work-style. Nothing
> > wrong with it either, it's just how people gain energy, there is nothing
> > bad about either of the two.
> >
> > I think if we mix the approaches together, we can add value to both
> > suggestions. It's also easier to have discussions for both groups, for
> > example a forum for the copyright/law discussions on using other people
> > work, so that we can be better informed on such matters. We can also
> > highlight some kinds of works in various of different forums, wherever
> > there is people willing to discuss or read, and all this can be closely
> [...]

Apologies, I don't have the bandwidth to read the full thread.

I had some thought.
- Qubes team probably don't have the time to spread too thin, and would prefer
for us to help them on there Qubes repo
- Some people invest time in documenting, but it takes time for Qubes team to
validate the pull request, and sometime they may prefer to not accept the PR.

I think one of these 2 options would be a first good step in the right
direction:
- Qubes team provides a fork of qubes-doc in another project on which community
members accept PR that can then be accepted as PR upstream on the official
qubes-doc, qubes team only manage the access right for the PR (?)
- Someone is happy to put the effort to do option 1 and manage it (which should
be limited to access right to that repo to trusted comminutity members to
accept PR), as long as Qubes team agree with the approach

The aim is to have as much help as possible pushed to Qubes project while
filtering and nurturing the efforts.

I have one concern with such proposal. A number of community proposal are
sometimes not very secure (to be gentle). So ideally a layer of meta-data is
added (maybe on a single index page), with the rating of the doc page.