Hello Alex,

> I had some thought.
> - Qubes team probably don't have the time to spread too thin, and would
> prefer for us to help them on there Qubes repo
> - Some people invest time in documenting, but it takes time for Qubes team
> to validate the pull request, and sometime they may prefer to not accept
> the PR.

It is important to communicate why a pull request has not been approved.
This communication takes some time and also fixing the issues

I think one of these 2 options would be a first good step in the right
> direction:
> - Qubes team provides a fork of qubes-doc in another project on which
> community members accept PR that can then be accepted as PR upstream on the
> official qubes-doc, qubes team only manage the access right for the PR (?)
> - Someone is happy to put the effort to do option 1 and manage it (which
> should be limited to access right to that repo to trusted comminutity
> members to accept PR), as long as Qubes team agree with the approach

I agree that this will be the easiest option and allows us to start
collecting scripts.
I am unsure if we really need to fork the whole qubes-doc as this might
lead to confusion where to work when improving the existing documentation.

Can't we just create a new "community" repo where Pull request get reviewed
by us but finally approved by more experienced Power Users (this group can
include Qubes OS Team, but also experienced community members selected by
the Qubes Team/David)?

I have one concern with such proposal. A number of community proposal are
> sometimes not very secure (to be gentle). So ideally a layer of meta-data
> is added (maybe on a single index page), with the rating of the doc page.

Agree, it might feel frustrating in the beginning of you start contributing
docs and then find out that the "nice idea" that you had leads to several
security risks or is just not yet ready to be released.
But: this is exactly the point what I like about Qubes. That I can rely
that it's not that easy to do something stupid which compromises security.
As such writing docs or scripts always include a learning curve which is a
good thing.

[799]